Port Blakely US Forestry - Tumwater is has an opening for the position of part-time Environmental Educator. The Environmental Educator helps promote public awareness and understanding of forest ecology and management in the Pacific Northwest. This role prepares and provides education to school age children and the general public about forestland stewardship and the benefits and importance of managed forests.
Program Development & Coordination:
- Participate in program reviews and improvement of content and presentation to maintain high quality of the program.
- Annual updates to printed materials, including souvenir packet contents.
- Contact and coordinate program with school districts and teachers. Work with Forestry office staff to organize program materials.
- Visit each participating classroom and present the classroom portion of the Environmental Education program prior to the field tour.
- Conduct field tours on Port Blakely’s Environmental Education trails.
- Present and facilitate the educational program during tours.
- Maintain knowledge of most current forest and environmental issues to ensure public concerns are included in educational programs.
- Responsible for daily and seasonal maintenance of Environmental Education trails and shelters for cleanliness and safety.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Successful candidates will have:
- Minimum Associate of Art (AA) degree from an accredited educational institution in forestry, childhood education or related field.
- First aid training is required as well as the ability to facilitate tours requiring accommodations for students with disabilities.
- Ability to manage crowds up to 40 people, including children.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send resume and cover letter to HR@PORTBLAKELY.COM.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Port Blakely and all subsidiaries of Port Blakely to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Port Blakely will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.