Port Blakely US Forestry – Tumwater, WA has an internship opening for an Operations Administrator. The purpose of the Operations Administrator Intern is to document administrative tasks within the Operations department. This position will provide administrative support to the department by organizing forms and documentation related to forestry operations. This position will also work with the Business Analyst to design and document efficient systems for processing documents within the US Forestry division.
- Prepare process documents related to administrative workflow of the Operations department
- Prepare documentation to support on-going forestry operations
- Provide support in auditing IT system use by the Operations department
- Prepare written documentation summarizing research and analysis
- Update existing manuals related to forestry operations
- Scanning, filing and photocopying of documents
- Working with the Business Analyst to design and document efficient systems for processing documents within US Forestry
Successful candidates will have:
- Completed two years of study in business administration to include courses in economics, marketing and business principles.
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma principles preferred.
- Familiarity with forest products industry is a plus.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send resume and cover letter to HR@PORTBLAKELY.COM. A full job description can also be made available upon request. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to a criminal back check and pre-employment and on-going employment random drug screening.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Port Blakely and all subsidiaries of Port Blakely to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Port Blakely will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.