Port Blakely US Forestry – Tumwater, WA has an internship opening for a Resource Forester. The primary purpose of this position is to provide support for a wide variety of forest resource projects. This position includes both field and office work.
- Review, organization and consolidation of prior research projects
- Research lot installation and measurement (stock type, herbicides, perm plots, etc.)
- Seed orchard management
- Regeneration surveys
- GIS data management
- Job shadow other staff to gain exposure to a variety of forest resources and operations jobs
Other Duties as Assigned:
- Provide assistance as requested by employees of the Company within scope of job description
Successful candidates will have:
- Current enrollment in a degree program for forestry, natural resources or other related fields
- Familiarity with forest products industry is a plus
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from co-workers, supervisors and customers
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send resume and cover letter to HR@PORTBLAKELY.COM. A full job description can also be made available upon request. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to a criminal back check and pre-employment and on-going employment random drug screening.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Port Blakely and all subsidiaries of Port Blakely to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Port Blakely will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.