PLS International is currently seeking applications for a full-time Machine Operator position. The primary focus of the position is to operate heavy equipment and assist in sorting, manufacturing and handling of logs in the PLS Longview log yard.
- Equipment Operator- 988 Cat and log shovel
- Rollout Work- Log marking, tagging, re-bucking with power saw
- Equipment Maintenance- Greasing, cleaning, etc.
Successful candidates will have:
- 3 to 5 years directly related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret written material. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from co-workers and contractors including work crews with limited English-speaking capabilities.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record required.
How to Apply
Applicants should send resume and cover letter to HR@portblakely.com. A full job description can be made available upon request. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to a criminal back check and pre-employment random drug screening.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Port Blakely and all subsidiaries of Port Blakely to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Port Blakely will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities