Port Blakely supports learning activities that align with our Environmental Education Program through four annual grants worth $500 each. Schools that participate in Port Blakely's Environmental Education Program are eligible to apply for a grant.
The 2024 grant application deadline is April 30.
Grant recipients in 2023 were:
- Photosynthesis Lab CO2 Sequestration, Brett Stonebrink, Kalapuya Elementary, Salem-Keizer SD, OR
- Braiding Sweetgrass for Young Adults, Hattie Osborne, Hansen Elementary, Olympia SD, WA
- Nature Photography After School Club, Joshua Heintz, Tenino Elementary, Tenino SD, WA
- Building Better Banks Stream Restoration, Pete Cakebread, Turner Elementary, Cascade SD, OR
- Elementary Garden Berry Patch, Caitlin Craig-Mickel, Tenino Elementary, Tenino SD, WA
- Honoring Grandmother Cedar Bark Weaving, Laurie Raben, Pioneer Elementary, Olympia SD, WA